Answers to your most frequently asked questions
Q - How can we enter?
A - simply go to the 'Enter the awards' page.
Q - When can we buy tickets?
A - More information soon.
Q - Where are the Innovation Awards being held?
A - The winners will be announced at a 'Black Tie' awards ceremony on the evening of Thursday 11th June 2020 at Plantworx at the East of England Arena in Peterborough. A map and directions can be found under 'Venue'.
Q - How do I write a good entry?
A - First consider whether your entry meets the criteria of the category you are entering. Then concentrate on demonstrating the value of the entry, for example, the degree to which your project has brought benefits to the organisation and the rail industry.
When writing about your project(s), you need to identify:
- The goal your project was trying to achieve
- Why you wanted to achieve it
- How the project was delivered
- What impact the project had
In addition, you should also comment on the lasting contribution of your project, drawing upon the environmental, social and economic impacts of your efforts.
Use the following guide to help you structure your entry:
- What was the project about?
- What prompted you to act?
- What task did you set yourselves?
- Where did the project take place?
- Who was involved?
What the project entailed
- What was your plan of action?
- What considerations did you have to make?
- What resources did you draw upon?
- What steps were taken to achieve your goal?
- What difficulties or risks were involved?
- What exactly did you want to achieve?
- How did you plan to measure your impact?
- What was the scale of the challenge you faced?
- What would constitute real success?
- How sustainable were your targets?
- Did the project fulfil its objectives?
- What evidence do you have to support the success of the project?
- How has the project brought benefits to the industry?
- What has been the response of the community and the media?
- Did the project deliver any knock-on effects?
What lasting commitments has the project created?
Did the project deliver any lessons for the future?
Has the project triggered a change in people’s behaviour?
Q - What do I wear to the awards dinner?
A - The dress code for the evening is Black Tie